Originally from New Jersey, Kate Shaffer was employed as a legal assistant and paralegal for five years before obtaining her law degree at California Western School of Law where she graduated valedictorian. Kate now focuses her practice on commercial litigation.
- Rowan University, B.A. (English Literature), magna cum laude, 2015
- California Western School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2019
- California Western Law Journal, Associate Editor
- Justice Anthony M. Kennedy Scholar
- Academic Achievement Award Scholarship
- Wiley W. Manuel Pro Bono Award
- Extern to the Honorable Margaret M. Mann, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of California, 2017
- California Department of Business Oversight, Enforcement Division
- Extern to the Honorable Gonzalo P. Curiel, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, 2018
- Arizona (2020)
- California (2021)
- Kathleen Shaffer, Exemption Disputes in Opt-out States: Does State Law Allocate the Burden of Proof?, 35 Cal. Bankr. J. 59 (2019)
Professional & Community Groups
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s Division, Board Member
When you enlist the services of May Potenza Baran & Gillespie, you get an experienced, diverse team of advocates in your corner who work collaboratively, move quickly, and think differently.