May, Potenza, Baran & Gillespie, P.C., an established law firm located in downtown Phoenix is looking to add a skilled, proficient, and organized Receptionist. We work hard. We work collaboratively. We encourage teamwork, problem-solving, and a can-do attitude. You must have a strong work ethic. You must have excellent verbal communication skills, be technically savvy, work independently, as well as, be able to work as part of a team. The successful candidate will be a team player, have the ability to provide exceptional internal and external client service and attention to detail.
The Billing and Administrative Assistant compiles, edits, and completes attorney billing. The Billing/Administrative Clerk may also perform a variety of other accounts payable and receivable duties as assigned by the Billing Coordinator. Maintains contact with attorneys, staff, vendors, and clients and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters.
We work collaboratively and encourage teamwork in an esprit de corps environment. You must have a strong work ethic. You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be technically savvy, work independently, as well as work as part of a team. The successful candidate is a team player, can provide exceptional internal and external client service, and have a high level of attention to detail.
In exchange for helping us deliver excellent legal service to our clients and contributing to our collegial work environment, we will offer you competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter time into PCLaw and assist in the billing process
- Assists in ensuring monthly billing schedules remain on schedule. (i.e., entering multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, preparation of electronic invoices).
- Compiles and bills attorney hours to clients every month.
- Collaborate with attorneys, legal assistants, and clients to ensure accuracy of data or information provided.
- Respond to inquiries relating to billing, bills research, and assist in resolving complex billing issues.
- Is familiar with and applies Firm billing policies.
- Utilizes computerized accounting and payables software programs (PC Law, Excel, Word).
- Ensures strict confidentiality at all times.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- May assist in opening new matters and in performing conflict checks.
- Enter client expenses into PC Law, opening new matters, conflict checks, entering client matters into nQueue and postage machine
- Perform general office duties such as typing, operating office machines, etc.
- May assist with front desk reception coverage.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year of clerical or administrative experience
- Office experience in a law firm preferred
- Customer service experience
- Or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Salary Range: $17.00 – $25.00
Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com.
May, Potenza, Baran & Gillespie, P.C. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.