May, Potenza, Baran & Gillespie, P.C., an established law firm located in downtown Phoenix is looking to add a skilled, proficient, and organized Receptionist. We work hard. We work collaboratively. We encourage teamwork, problem-solving, and a can-do attitude. You must have a strong work ethic. You must have excellent verbal communication skills, be technically savvy, work independently, as well as, be able to work as part of a team. The successful candidate will be a team player, have the ability to provide exceptional internal and external client service and attention to detail.
The Receptionist serves as the Firm’s first point of contact and has a professional, outgoing, and positive demeanor. Responsibilities include interacting with and building effective relationships with visitors, clients, and attorneys by phone and in person. The Receptionist serves as general administrative support to the office and staff overall.
Perform day-to-day administrative tasks, not limited to:
- Operate multi-line telephone system to answer, screen, and direct incoming calls.
- Greet clients and visitors in a professional manner
- Direct incoming calls
- Provide information to callers
- Monitor visitor access and maintain building security protocols
- Retrieve, sort and deliver mail
- Organize and maintain conference rooms
- Monitor and manage the phone system and serve as the liaison to host phone business partner
- Prepare the office for employee’s arrival each morning and close each evening
- Manage inventory relevant to the reception area and front kitchen
- Organize, tidy and maintain the reception area
- Monitor incoming and outgoing faxes
- Maintain the kitchen, coffee, and beverages
- Log checks and email to all members of the Firm
- Provide general administrative support to the office and staff overall
- Perform other duties as assigned
The demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year of receptionist/front office experience
- Office experience in a law firm preferred
- Customer service experience
- Or, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience
In exchange for helping us deliver excellent legal service to our clients and contributing to our collegial work environment, we will offer you competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com.