Philip G. May
Mr. May is a founding shareholder of the Firm. He is currently the Firm’s President and Managing Partner. Philip is the head of the Commercial Litigation Practice Group. Philip’s practice includes all aspects of commercial litigation and arbitration, including construction law, real estate litigation, shareholder, partnerships, and member disputes, landlord and tenant law, administrative adjudications, business torts, and legal malpractice.
Philip has completed mediation training.
- University of Arizona, B.A., 1980
- University of Arizona, J.D., 1984
- Arizona (1984)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Levi Ray Haire, Arizona Court of Appeals, 1984-1985
- AV Preeminent Rated, Martindale-Hubbell’s Highest Peer Review Rating (by both members of the Bar and judiciary which is the highest rating for both legal ability and ethical standards)
- A.L. Slonaker Award, Bobcats, University of Arizona, 2005
- Sidney Woods Alumni Service Award, University of Arizona Alumni Association, 2002
Professional & Community Groups
- Judge Pro Tem of the Maricopa County Superior Court
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- State Bar of Arizona
- American Bar Association
- University of Arizona Foundation Board of Directors, 2009-2015
- James E. Rogers College of Law, Law College Association Board of Directors, 2013-Present
- University of Arizona National Alumni Board of Directors, 1994-2001
- Chairman, University of Arizona National Alumni Board of Directors, 1999-2000
- University of Arizona Phoenix Alumni Board, 1986-1991
When you enlist the services of May Potenza Baran & Gillespie, you get an experienced, diverse team of advocates in your corner who work collaboratively, move quickly, and think differently.