We understand the value of great, longstanding relationships. Our approach is personable, transparent, and dedicated. We believe in connecting with our clients and truly understanding their goals. Through thoughtful, creative, and effective strategy and actions, we create results that affect real change in a positive way for our clients, ensuring our mutual loyalty and trust.
May Potenza Baran & Gillespie was founded in 2004 as a result of a merger of two well-established Phoenix law firms. We provide legal services for businesses, professionals, entrepreneurs, and families. We maintain one of the most reputable, full-service practices in Arizona, with a national and international reach. Our employees remain dedicated to providing high-quality, efficient, economic and flexible legal services to assist our clients in adapting and thriving in a rapidly changing world.
Who We Serve
Administrative Law & Government Contracts
We guide our clients through all phases of the procurement process, from identifying marketplace opportunities and responding to solicitations to drafting and negotiating contracts, and compliance with contractual requirements.
Cannabis laws are changing as rapidly as ever. It is therefore critical to have the right legal army in your corner. We are here to assist in any matter a cannabis business may face and will tailor our services to suit the unique and evolving needs of our clients and this industry.
We provide transaction and litigation services to contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and property owners. We can assist with the full scope of legal issues relating to construction projects, from the planning phase through completion.
Estate, Trust, & Wealth Preservation
Our Trusts & Estates Department is primarily responsible for assisting individual clients and families in achieving their wealth transfer and estate planning objectives.
Federal Indian Law
Our team focuses on preserving and expanding the inherent rights and interests of sovereign tribal governments and tribal organizations. We have an in-depth knowledge of tribal self-governance, and a keen understanding of state and federal laws affecting tribal interests and assets.
Labor & Employment
At MPBG, we provide our clients with a specialized expertise across the full range of the human resources spectrum. We use a comprehensive client-centric process to tailor our services to each matter.
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
The Litigation & Dispute Resolution team provides thoughtful, practical, and results-oriented advocacy to local, national, and international businesses and individuals to resolve disputes in our clients’ favor.
Working hand in hand with home builders, mining companies, municipalities, agribusiness, manufacturers, and others, our water and water rights team provides comprehensive counsel regarding Arizona water while respecting and understanding Arizona’s history of natural resource use.
If Our Dogs Could Talk
Our dogs probably know more about us than anyone. If they could talk, here are some of the interesting, unique things they might share about our attorneys and staff.
- We’re buoyant: One of us has established 27 National Top Ten Rankings since 2013 for the U.S. Masters Swimming club. Throw me a towel!
- We’re fast: Our overachieving team has completed marathons and half marathons. Phew!
- We’re fearless: One of us rode in a state championship high school rodeo. Yeehaw!
- We shoot, we score: One of us is a basketball junkie. Boomshakalaka!
- Who needs Google? We have a Civil War and WWII history buff in our midst.
- Radio? Who needs to stream music?
- Four attorneys have guitars in their offices
- One of us is a Saxophonist
- Who needs the Travel Channel? Together, we’ve traveled to nearly every country in the world.
- We Don’t Sleep: Prior to attending law school, one of our team was a Congressional staffer and lobbyist.
- We Serve Our Community: Several of us sit on nonprofit boards, two of us serve as judge pro tempores, and two of our former partners have joined the judiciary.
we love the outdoors.
- Got a lure? We have a fly fisherman in our tacklebox.
- Got a mountain? We have an active hiker and backpacker on our trail.
- Got a ledge? We have a fearless flyer who jumped off a 40-foot waterfall in the Philippines in our airspace.
we have life skills.
- We Create: Come find our aspiring mixologist at the end of a long week.
- We Multitask: One of us can hold a toddler and change an infant’s diaper at the same time.
- We Yada Yada Yada: One of us has the uncanny ability to use every Seinfeld episode to illustrate any legal issue.