Dorothy Baran focuses her practice in all aspects of real estate, corporate law, employment law, and commercial transactions.
She is a trusted advisor to C level executives, corporate boards and directors, and individuals in their business and personal endeavors. Ms. Baran has experience with acquisition, leasing, disposition and financing of real estate, and with secured transactions and enforcement of liens and contracts. She frequently represents clients regarding internal investigations, workplace legal issues, and best practices and risk assessment.
Ms. Baran serves as Chair of the Firm’s Board of Directors. She was born in Mielec, Poland and is fluent in Polish.
- Rutgers University, J.D., 1987; Rutgers Law Journal, Articles Editor/Member 1986-1987
- Rutgers University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1983; Phi Beta Kappa
- University of Phoenix, Mediation Certification
- Arizona (1987)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court
Professional & Community Groups
- State Bar of Arizona, Real Property Section, Chairperson, 2002-2004
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Arizona Women Lawyers Association
- 50/50 Women on Boards
- St. Thomas More Society
- Top 100 Lawyers in Arizona 2021 (AZ Big Media)
- Super Lawyers 2018, 2019, 2020
When you enlist the services of May Potenza Baran & Gillespie, you get an experienced, diverse team of advocates in your corner who work collaboratively, move quickly, and think differently.