Andrew Harnisch - Shareholder
Andrew Harnisch is a shareholder licensed to practice law in the State of Arizona. Andrew focuses his practice in bankruptcy, insolvency and corporate reorganization, as well as commercial litigation and receivership. He has experience representing creditors, debtors and trustees in a variety of state and federal court proceedings. Andrew was recognized as a Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2015 and 2016 and served as a Director of the Bankruptcy Section of the Maricopa County Bar Association from 2011-2013. In 2010, Mr. Harnisch was recognized as one of the Top 50 Pro Bono Attorneys in Arizona by the Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education. Mr. Harnisch earned his law degree in 2006 from the University of Southern California, Gould School of Law in 2006 and holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Arizona.
- University of Arizona, BA
- University of Southern California, Gould School of Law, JD 2006
- Supreme Court of Arizona
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- Mr. Harnisch has been admitted pro hac vice in federal court proceedings in California, Nevada and New York.
- Co-Author, “Bankruptcy – What Every Doctor Should Know,” Maricopa County Medical Society Round-Up Magazine, August 2014
- Contributing Author: Trigild Deskbook, a Guide to Receivership & Foreclosure, 5th Ed. (2013), 4th Ed. (2012).
- “Bankruptcy Law Intersection with Commercial Litigation,” Maricopa County Bar Association, February 2015
- “Pursuing and Defending Bankruptcy Avoidance Actions,” Maricopa County Bar Association, Bankruptcy Fundamentals Series, June 2013, June 2012
- “Common Bankruptcy Litigation Issues,” Maricopa County Bar Association, Bankruptcy Fundamentals Series, June 2011, June 2010
- “Landlord-Tenant Disputes (Commercial & Residential),” Maricopa County Bar Association, Real Estate Fundamentals Series, February 2010
- Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2015 and 2016
- Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education
- Top 50 Pro Bono Attorneys in Arizona, 2010
Professional & Community Groups
- Served as a Director of the Bankruptcy Section of Maricopa County Bar Association from 2011-2013
- Member of the State Bar of Arizona
- Member of the American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member of the Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Successfully reorganized a large janitorial services company in Chapter 11, saving over 100 jobs.
- Represented lenders and receivers in dozens of receivership actions involving partnership disputes, retail centers, office buildings, hotels, and apartment complexes.
- Served as reorganization and litigation counsel for a financially distressed medical services provider
- Obtained non-dischargeability judgments for a television provider in a series of actions involving fraudulent sales of signal theft devices
- Served as creditor’s counsel in the successful workout of defaulted loans involving two large apartment complexes
- Litigated and settled a series of actions for Chapter 11 liquidating trustee in a case involving an investment Ponzi scheme
- As creditor’s counsel for a regional monetary fund, obtained judgment that concluded 16 years of litigation deriving from a multimillion-dollar embezzlement scheme
- Served as creditor’s counsel for three national banks in the Chapter 11 case of a large Arizona land banker
Pro Bono Representations
- Obtained judgment of non-dischargeability against an unlicensed contractor for faulty construction on a client’s home
- Served as debtor’s counsel for a nonprofit religious organization in a contested Chapter 11 case, resulting in a confirmed plan of reorganization
- Restored title to client’s home in a fraudulent sale-leaseback scheme