Originally from San Luis, Arizona, Ms. Fimbres-Ruiz received her Juris Doctor from the University of Arizona, where she was awarded the Dean’s Achievement Scholarship. She further distinguished herself by earning recognition for superior written and oral advocacy. As a native speaker, she is fluent in Spanish.
During law school, Ms. Fimbres-Ruiz held an externship with the Honorable Cindy K. Jorgenson, U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona, as well as internships with the Town of Marana’s legal department. Additionally, she served as articles editor of the Arizona Law Review and worked in the Workers’ Rights Clinic.
- B.A., Political Science, University of Arizona, summa cum laude, 2016
- Magellan Circle Scholar
- Dean’s List
- J.D., University of Arizona, 2020
- Dean’s List
- Outstanding Performance in Oral Advocacy (Spring 2018)
- Dean’s Achievement Scholarship
- Arizona Law Review, Articles Editor
- Latino Law Student Association
- Arizona Business Law Society
- Arizona (2020)
- Extern for the Honorable Cindy K. Jorgenson, U.S. District Court of Arizona, 2019
- Town of Marana, Legal Department, 2018
- James E. Rogers College of Law, Workers’ Rights Clinic, 2018
Professional & Community Groups
- Los Abogados, Arizona’s Hispanic Bar Association
When you enlist the services of May Potenza Baran & Gillespie, you get an experienced, diverse team of advocates in your corner who work collaboratively, move quickly, and think differently.