Jason is a Partner in the Firm’s Litigation Group. His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation in state and federal courts, including business disputes, corporate governance issues, partnership and member disputes, breaches of contract, business torts, bad faith insurance claims, medical and legal malpractice, catastrophic personal injury, and marijuana law. Jason serves as outside general counsel or local counsel to large firms and businesses outside of Arizona, helping them to navigate Arizona’s unique rules and procedures. Jason also advises outside lawyers on complex issues including insurance coverage, legal malpractice defense, trial preparation, mock juries, focus groups, and appeals.
Jason focuses on customer service and communication, promptly returning client telephone calls and emails, and providing excellent work product to clients for review, input, and approval prior to filing. He believes that lawyers must foster a collaborative relationship with clients, who will almost always know the facts of the case and the details of their industry better than the lawyer. Jason’s job is to provide advice in a no-nonsense, practical way by learning his clients’ businesses and focusing on achieving exceptional results. He counsels all of his clients to proactively resolve litigation and potential litigation as quickly as possible. Litigation is an expensive distraction that reduces productivity and never “sends a message.” The sooner it is ended, the better. Jason has extensive experience in the Courtroom, having started his career as a prosecutor at the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office.
- University of Arizona, B.S. in Finance and Accounting, 2002
- University of Arizona, J.D., 2007
- Writer, Arizona Law Review
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel (NARTC) Trial College
- Legal Fellow to Jon Kyl, United States Senate, U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary, Washington D.C.
- Legal Extern, United States District Judge James A. Teilborg, Phoenix, Arizona
Bar & Court Admissions
- District Court for the District of Arizona
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Professional & Community Groups
- Federal Bar Association, Phoenix Chapter, Board of Directors, Past President 2017-2018
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- Lived in New Zealand, Scotland, United Arab Emirates, and traveled extensively
When you enlist the services of May Potenza Baran & Gillespie, you get an experienced, diverse team of advocates in your corner who work collaboratively, move quickly, and think differently.