Julia M. Kolsrud
Julia Kolsrud focuses her practice in commercial litigation, appellate advocacy and Federal Indian law. She began her practice specializing in complex water litigation and negotiations; environmental and natural resource law; advocating for tribal self governance, sovereignty and sovereign immunity; and Native American business and economic development.
Ms. Kolsrud is seasoned in high stakes commercial litigation representing both plaintiffs and defendants in private mediation, arbitration, state and federal court. representing clients in highly regulated industries — both after disputes have arisen and ensuring compliance before there is a problem.
Her diverse background and experience in both non-profit and tribal government formation enhances the Firm’s ability to handle a broad range of diverse issues, which arise in representing clients in litigation and pre-litigation matters.
- B.S., Arizona State University, 2008
- J.D., Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, 2011
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of Arizona
- United States District Court, District of Arizona
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Professional & Community Groups
- Vice President of Arizona Centers for Comprehensive Education and Life Skills (ACCEL), 2018
- Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section Executive Council
- Appointed to the State Bar of Arizona Council on Minorities and Women in the Law, August 2021
- Attorney, The Sparks Law Firm, P.C.
When you enlist the services of May Potenza Baran & Gillespie, you get an experienced, diverse team of advocates in your corner who work collaboratively, move quickly, and think differently.