Austin D. Potenza II - Shareholder
Mr. Potenza is a founding shareholder of the Firm and serves on the Firm’s Management Committee. He is the head of the Corporate/Transactional Practice Group. Austin’s practice focuses on corporate law, commercial transactions, start-ups, mergers and acquisitions, and tax planning. Austin is a certified tax law specialist.
Austin has significant experience serving as general counsel for his clients. He is a frequent speaker on the subjects of business succession planning, business formation and co-owner relationships, and mergers and acquisitions. He has served as an instructor and/or adjunct professor at Arizona State University, Golden Gate University, and AT Still University.
- Southern Utah State College, B.S., magna cum laude, 1979
- Arizona State University, J.D., 1982
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Claims Court
- Tax Law Certification, Arizona Board of Legal Specialization (since 1991)
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell’s Highest Peer Review Rating
Professional & Community Groups
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Taxation Section, 1982-present
- State Bar of Arizona, Taxation Section, 1982-present
- American Bar Association, Taxation, Business Law and Health Law Sections
- Men’s Arts Council of the Phoenix Art Museum (Past President)
Legal Assistant & Paralegal